“Rare and valuable opportunities come to people with rare and valuable skills.”
Getting there wasn’t a straight shot and it included getting hit with the word “no” from the very start.
So Jason went out into the business world, built up his credibility, and made a name for himself. He took the time to learn how to play the whole business game and work with “must-have” products that solve real problems for the consumer.
Listen to his conversation with Austin to hear how he went from a “no” to CEO.
- You need a strategic fit to achieve success.
- You have to understand what game you’re in in order to run the right business plays.
- You have to solve real problems.
Things to Listen For:
- [02:26] The benefits of struggling
- [03:53] The importance of building up your skill set
- [05:43] Jason’s story of starting at RICS Software and DyKnow
- [08:12] What RICS Software and DyKnow are
- [09:31] Successful change management
- [12:02] What does ‘’strategic fit’’ mean?
- [13:41] The deciding factor in a company’s success
- [14:32] “Must have” companies vs “nice to have” companies
- [15:42] Why Jason’s never raised capital at his companies
- [22:26] Understanding the game you’re in
- [23:18] What’s up next for RICS Software and DyKnow