Monkeying Around with Product Brand
From Mailchimp’s humble monkey beginnings to a huge acquisition and SurveyMonkey’s recent rebrand as Momentive, we’re talking about brand glow-ups & grow-ups in this episode. Consider it a “what not to wear” for brands.
Meghan and Christian explain how Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey have used their brands to connect with customers. The takeaway? Brand leaders should go all-in on any decision.
Email Christian with design questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Meghan with brand questions: email@example.com
- Go all-in on every brand decision you make.
- Use your brand to connect with your market.
- Reflect your product’s value with your brand.
- Make sure all aspects of your brand are cohesive.
Things to Listen For:
- [01:00] Mailchimp’s acquisition
- [02:30] SurveyMonkey’s rebrand
- [04:00] The stories behind Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey’s names
- [07:00] Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey’s different target markets
- [10:00] Rebranding to move upmarket
- [13:00] Leveraging your brand to build relationships
- [14:00] Meghan’s thoughts on brand mascots
- [16:00] Making intentional brand choices
- [18:00] Reflecting your purpose through your brand
- [20:00] Going all-in on a rebrand
- [22:00] Creating a cohesive brand
- [24:00] Meghan and Christian’s takeaways